Political Empowerment, one of the NAACP's 10 Strategic Priorities is dedicated to advocating for the rights of all people regardless of race, color or national origin. The NAACP will focus on the following areas:
- Increasing the number of registered minority voters.
- Improving voter awareness of civil rights issues.
- Increasing voter turnout in minority communities.
- Advocating equity in the census process and in reapportionment and redistricting processes.
- Encouraging minority citizens to seek public office, fulfill public roles and hold public officials accountable.
- Advocating policies to simplify and expedite the re-enfranchisement of ex-felons.